Get all connected users from an asp.net app using remoting and thread

Fernando Lopes

8/17/2004 10:39:00 PM

Hi ALL,
So, I need to asp.net custom control, with this function:
Retrieve a list of connected users on app using remoting
and thread.
So, my manager pass some code to me, one html page use
frameset, and aspx project. In this aspx project, there is
an global.asax file. I guess is in this way the remote
server is create.
There is another console application, named ClientProxy.
In this app, i see the connected IPs.

So, if someone have any experience in that, I will appreciate.
Sorry about my English.
Thanks.
Fernando Lopes.

2 Answers

Sam Santiago

It seems like you must do it yourself and customize your remote object to
store this information; check out this posting:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=okIiwxYfDHA.2604%40cpmsftngxa...

Thanks,

Sam

--
_______________________________
Sam Santiago
"Fernando Lopes" <fer.lopes@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi ALL,
> So, I need to asp.net custom control, with this function:
> Retrieve a list of connected users on app using remoting
> and thread.
> So, my manager pass some code to me, one html page use
> frameset, and aspx project. In this aspx project, there is
> an global.asax file. I guess is in this way the remote
> server is create.
> There is another console application, named ClientProxy.
> In this app, i see the connected IPs.
>
> So, if someone have any experience in that, I will appreciate.
> Sorry about my English.
> Thanks.
> Fernando Lopes.

Sam Santiago

You might also look at the TrackingServices provided with .NET. Check out
this example on MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconremotingexampletrackingservice.asp?...

Thanks,

Sam