mc

8/16/2004 11:25:00 PM

I know this is probably a total newbie question. But, I am taking over a
project in .NET and in it they reference an objuri="Page.rem". Now, my
question is where does this .rem file come from? How do I go about creating
this? I've looked over all of their source code and cannot find this file in
their sourcesafe.

Thanks in advance!!
3 Answers

Sam Santiago

This is not a file. It is a URI associated with an object that is exposed
as a remote object. If you are hosting remote object in IIS then the URI
associated with a remote object must end with ".rem" or ".soap". Search the
source code and any application configuration files and you'll probably find
it. This article might be a good start:

Applied Remoting
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnadvnet/html/vbnet05272003.asp?...

Thanks,

Sam

--
_______________________________
Sam Santiago
"MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know this is probably a total newbie question. But, I am taking over a
> project in .NET and in it they reference an objuri="Page.rem". Now, my
> question is where does this .rem file come from? How do I go about
creating
> this? I've looked over all of their source code and cannot find this file
in
> their sourcesafe.
>
> Thanks in advance!!

mc

Thanks, now I understand how that works. But, I am now receiving the
error:System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found

Is there something else that I have to do?

Thanks!

"Sam Santiago" wrote:

> This is not a file. It is a URI associated with an object that is exposed
> as a remote object. If you are hosting remote object in IIS then the URI
> associated with a remote object must end with ".rem" or ".soap". Search the
> source code and any application configuration files and you'll probably find
> it. This article might be a good start:
>
> Applied Remoting
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnadvnet/html/vbnet05272003.asp?...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam
>
> --
> _______________________________
> Sam Santiago
> ssantiago@n0spam-SoftiTechture.com
> http://www.SoftiTe...
> _______________________________
> "MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I know this is probably a total newbie question. But, I am taking over a
> > project in .NET and in it they reference an objuri="Page.rem". Now, my
> > question is where does this .rem file come from? How do I go about
> creating
> > this? I've looked over all of their source code and cannot find this file
> in
> > their sourcesafe.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!

Sam Santiago

You probably need to start the program that hosts the remote object. You
would normally have two applications involved - 1) the application exposing
the remote object (server) - could be IIS and 2) the client that accesses
the remote object. You are probably running the client without starting the
server application.

Thanks,

Sam

--