multiple servers and clients

Minh

8/16/2004 10:27:00 AM

hi,

we are implementing a distributed version of the "LINDA" coordination
language. we have run into some problems for the multiserver configuration.
two servers(A and B) are running on different computers. servers A and B
communicate to retrieve and organize data. a client tries to retrieve data
from server A but only has a connection to server B.

we haven't figured out the configuration so far. does anyone have any
experience with multiserver configuration ?

thanks a lot
1 Answer

Mike

I wrote a tuple-based blackboard system (Linda-like, but not exactly) for
..Net to use for my last job seeing there didn't seem to be one out there.
(Also could be used just as a message-passing layer, or tuples with optional
persistent storage.) I decided to use skip remoting and use the socket layer
directly.

In my case I used dynamic server discovery via datagrams, but you should be
able to specify the machine of your choice in the url you specify. (E.g.,
"tcp://MachineA/Linda", etc.) If you are doing this, then maybe your not
naming things the way you think or there's a network addressing/DNS problem.

mike