Phil Jones

8/16/2004 7:20:00 AM

I'm finding programming remoting can get confusing when you're not sure
whether the object you're dealing with really is instantiated on another
machine.

Is there some way to determine if an object is a proxy, or the real thing?
Like an IsProxy method?

Thanks everyone.

===
Phil
(Auckland | Aotearoa)

3 Answers

Ankur

Which ever way you use to activate object you always get a proxy only.
However you can differenciate between the real and the transparent proxy
with
IsTransparentProxy.

I suggest you do some reading on MSDN before investing heavily on remoting.

Ankur

"Phil Jones" <phil_newsgroup@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm finding programming remoting can get confusing when you're not sure
> whether the object you're dealing with really is instantiated on another
> machine.
>
> Is there some way to determine if an object is a proxy, or the real thing?
> Like an IsProxy method?
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> ===
> Phil
> (Auckland | Aotearoa)

Ken Kolda

Yep -- RemotingServices.IsTransparentProxy().

Ken

"Phil Jones" <phil_newsgroup@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm finding programming remoting can get confusing when you're not sure
> whether the object you're dealing with really is instantiated on another
> machine.
>
> Is there some way to determine if an object is a proxy, or the real thing?
> Like an IsProxy method?
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> ===
> Phil
> (Auckland | Aotearoa)

Phil Jones

Sweet - thought there might be. Thanks Ken.