VS marks 'readonly'attribute as error for input tag

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

2/24/2004 8:49:00 PM

I have an aspx page created in visual studio but edited
the HTML to add some client control and client side script.

in the following code, visual studio would
mark 'readonly' and 'style' with a red underline.

<input type="text" style="border-style: solid"
maxLength="40" size="30" name="txtDisposition" readonly>

when mouse over , the tooltip would say -- Could not find
any attribute 'readonly' of element 'input' OR Could not
find any attribute 'style' of element 'input'

VS will not complain about no other elements even if i
remove style and readonly attributes from code.

also some times VS will update the style attribute to some
thing like style="top-border-style: solid;left-border-
style: solid;bottom-border-style: solid;right-border-
style: solid" (i am not being able to reproduce this
now.. so, not sure if this is exactly same)

my VS 2003 version is 7.1.3088

if i copy following html to another new aspx, VS does not
find this as a error.

border="0">

maxLength="40" size="30" name="txtDisposition"

readonly> <INPUT type="hidden"
size="" name="hidProcessName"></td>

4 Answers

Ken Cox [MS MVP]

Just curious as to whether the pages behave when you have this meta tag?

content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5...

Perhaps VS.NET uses that to decide what is good and bad HTML code?

"Sree" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an aspx page created in visual studio but edited
> the HTML to add some client control and client side script.
>
> in the following code, visual studio would
> mark 'readonly' and 'style' with a red underline.
>
> <input type="text" style="border-style: solid"
> maxLength="40" size="30" name="txtDisposition" readonly>
>

> when mouse over , the tooltip would say -- Could not find
> any attribute 'readonly' of element 'input' OR Could not
> find any attribute 'style' of element 'input'
>
> VS will not complain about no other elements even if i
> remove style and readonly attributes from code.
>
> also some times VS will update the style attribute to some
> thing like style="top-border-style: solid;left-border-
> style: solid;bottom-border-style: solid;right-border-
> style: solid" (i am not being able to reproduce this
> now.. so, not sure if this is exactly same)
>
> my VS 2003 version is 7.1.3088
>
> if i copy following html to another new aspx, VS does not
> find this as a error.

> border="0">

> maxLength="40" size="30" name="txtDisposition"
>
> readonly> <INPUT type="hidden"
> size="" name="hidProcessName"></td>

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

wonderful.. the page behaves well.
Thank you verymuch.

Eli Grubman

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:33:49 -0800 (PST), xxarag@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>On 21 Jan, 16:05, jamiil <jalqa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "The U.S media has assiduously avoided giving any historical reference
>> to the Israeli assault on Gaza, portraying it as a response to Hamas
>> aggression. The truth, of course, is far more complex and far reaching
>> than our sound byte culture would like to admit. The truth is that the
>> Palestinians were dealt a grave historic injustice when their land was
>> taken away during the creation of Israel in 1948,"
>>
>> http://www.thedailybanter.com/tdb/...
>>
>> --
>> Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a
>> war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac.
>>
>> What Famous Man say about Jews?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIQbe9ATUNU&NR=1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoeOVpC0O0w&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGWumOKHr6Q&featu...
>>
>> The Jewish problem has its origins in the Talmudhttp://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-6657600254881054584...
>>
>> This is one report that took me by surprise, things I never new!http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=512501736655242097&......
> DO YOU STILL BUSY WITH YOUR CAMEL? OR YOU JUST MASTURBATE ON THE BODY
>PART SEEN ON YOUTUBE?

DO YOU STILL SUCK THE MILLIONER ONCLE COCK?
OR YOU JUST MASTURBATE ON THE FOTO?

ELI

Eli Grubman

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:20:15 -0800, "ÇDoügßT" <nada@muerto.com> wrote:

>"Eli Grubman" <eli.grubman@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> DO YOU STILL BUSY WITH YOUR CAMEL? OR YOU JUST MASTURBATE ON THE BODY
>>>PART SEEN ON YOUTUBE?
>>
>> DO YOU STILL SUCK THE MILLIONER ONCLE COCK?
>> OR YOU JUST MASTURBATE ON THE FOTO?
>>
>> ELI
>
>Isn't it strange the kind of posts Eli chooses to respond to?
>You could almost say it reveals his true character, or lack
>thereof.

Isn't it strange that Duhg only responds to those posts mentioning
fellatio or sodomy? It shows where his alleged 'mind' is at.

>Didja remember to raise your arse for allah today Ali al Grabarse?

Didja get your tongue ready for a whole day of sucking jew ass
tomorrow, Duhg?

Eli