Network Activity "Throbber"

Phil Jones

8/15/2004 2:22:00 AM

I have a client app with a "Throbber" type UI element (like the IE throbber
that spins when it's accessing the Interent).

What I'm wondering is if there is some way I can detect when the Remoting
system is making calls and passing data over the network - and change the
throbber's state based on that data?

Does that capacity exists - and if so where would I start looking?

Thanks!
===
Phil : NZ

1 Answer

Sam Santiago

You could use events to notify the client of certain activity. It's adding
a little overhead, so it might be worth it if your remote object is in a
long running process, but for normal activities it might be better not to.

Thanks,

Sam

--
Sam Santiago