return time when error in remoting call

dxslyz

8/14/2004 11:23:00 AM

Hi, there,

is there some methode to cut the time of response time when the remote
server is down ? I mean, when the client called a downed remote
server, it takes more than 10 seconds to return with error code, or
the error to be caught.

I have an application which should respond in 2-3 seconds, if success
or not.

I use c#.

Thanks,

Steven Yu.
1 Answer

Sam Santiago

You can use leases and sponsors to be notified when a remote object's lease
expires and prevent it from doing so. Check out this article from Juval
Lowy in MSDN magazine regarding leases and sponsors:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/12/leasemanager/de...

Thanks,

Sam

--