Problem uploading large files in .net

ubsmart

2/24/2004 3:05:00 AM

I am having a problem uploading large files(above 2.4MB) using the
httpFileServer web control in ASP.Net.In localhost i dont have any
problem uploading around 10 MB files.I changed the httpRequestSize in
web.config and Machine.Config without any success.

Also my production environment is running under https and localhost is
just http.Will it make a difference?.

I am trying to catch the exception when i click on the button
control.But the control is not coming into the code itself and
throwing a dnsError page(Page Cannot be displayed) message.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Uday
5 Answers

pramod

Are you able to Uploaded at least a file on production server. like a file
with smaller size.

-p
"Uday Bhaskar" <ubsmart@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> I am having a problem uploading large files(above 2.4MB) using the
> httpFileServer web control in ASP.Net.In localhost i dont have any
> problem uploading around 10 MB files.I changed the httpRequestSize in
> web.config and Machine.Config without any success.
>
> Also my production environment is running under https and localhost is
> just http.Will it make a difference?.
>
> I am trying to catch the exception when i click on the button
> control.But the control is not coming into the code itself and
> throwing a dnsError page(Page Cannot be displayed) message.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Uday

Ken Cox [MS MVP]

Many people find that ASP.NET and IIS bog down when asked to handle large
uploads.

There are third-party components that handle the task differently:

http://fileup.softartisans.com/fileu...

"Uday Bhaskar" <ubsmart@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem uploading large files(above 2.4MB) using the
> httpFileServer web control in ASP.Net.In localhost i dont have any
> problem uploading around 10 MB files.I changed the httpRequestSize in
> web.config and Machine.Config without any success.
>
> Also my production environment is running under https and localhost is
> just http.Will it make a difference?.
>
> I am trying to catch the exception when i click on the button
> control.But the control is not coming into the code itself and
> throwing a dnsError page(Page Cannot be displayed) message.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Uday

ubsmart

Pramod,
Yes I dont have any problem uploading smaller files.Even the problem
with larger files is intermittent.sometimes when i upload a smaller
file initially and upload a larger file then it will get through.But
if i upload a larger file initially then it will throw a "Page Cannot
be displayed" Error.the page name is dnserr.html.

"pramod" <pramodrane_remove_this_nospam_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#cjRATv#DHA.3284@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Are you able to Uploaded at least a file on production server. like a file
> with smaller size.
>

> -p
> "Uday Bhaskar" <ubsmart@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am having a problem uploading large files(above 2.4MB) using the
> > httpFileServer web control in ASP.Net.In localhost i dont have any
> > problem uploading around 10 MB files.I changed the httpRequestSize in
> > web.config and Machine.Config without any success.
> >
> > Also my production environment is running under https and localhost is
> > just http.Will it make a difference?.
> >
> > I am trying to catch the exception when i click on the button
> > control.But the control is not coming into the code itself and
> > throwing a dnsError page(Page Cannot be displayed) message.
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Uday

Ken Cox [MS MVP]

BTW, there's a new free upload component for ASP.NET in the Control Gallery
on www.asp.net.

http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/ControlDetail.aspx?Control=1944&...

It would be great if people give it a try and post a review there.

Ken

"Uday Bhaskar" <ubsmart@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem uploading large files(above 2.4MB) using the
> httpFileServer web control in ASP.Net.In localhost i dont have any
> problem uploading around 10 MB files.I changed the httpRequestSize in
> web.config and Machine.Config without any success.
>
> Also my production environment is running under https and localhost is
> just http.Will it make a difference?.
>
> I am trying to catch the exception when i click on the button
> control.But the control is not coming into the code itself and
> throwing a dnsError page(Page Cannot be displayed) message.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Uday

weevee

Ok, try to check the web.config file.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="4096" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

Default is the maxRequestLength 4Mb you can set it higher.

Greetz

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] wrote:
> *BTW, there's a new free upload component for ASP.NET in the Contro
> Gallery
> on www.asp.net.
>
> http://tinyurl...
>
> It would be great if people give it a try and post a review there.
>
> Ken
>
> "Uday Bhaskar" <ubsmart@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> >I am having a problem uploading large files(above 2.4MB) using the
> > httpFileServer web control in ASP.Net.In localhost i dont have any
> > problem uploading around 10 MB files.I changed the httpRequestSiz
> in
> > web.config and Machine.Config without any success.
> >
> > Also my production environment is running under https and localhos
> is
> > just http.Will it make a difference?.
> >
> > I am trying to catch the exception when i click on the button
> > control.But the control is not coming into the code itself and
> > throwing a dnsError page(Page Cannot be displayed) message.
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Uday

-