microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

SDK (v1.0 with 1.1 applied) QuickStart Tutorial Error Message involving missing directory (1_1_4322

no.spam

10/19/2003 6:30:00 PM

While running the .NET Framework SDK Quickstart Tutorial, I get the
following error message:

Unable to find script library
?/apsnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js

with a suggestion to "place the file manually" or to run
aspnet_regiis -c

The program aspnet_regiis does not exist on my machine (I installed
SDK 1.0 and ran SDK 1.1 programs after installation of 1.0)

This error occurs in sample Intro11.

I "fixed" the problem by making a copy of
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_0_3705_288

as

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322

because it had the same filename. Intro11 now seems to work
correctly, but I am not sure if this was the best solution.

Shall I ignore this now?

Or is there a place from which I can download the required files?

Help greatly appreciated.

1 Answer

no.spam

Problem solved. I found the aspnet_regiis utility which created and
populated the correct directory.

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322