microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

How to install SDK samples???

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

10/19/2003 2:05:00 PM

Hi all!

Recently I downloaded .NET Framework SDK and tried to
install it but have faced the following error:

Please uninstall the beta version of the following
products and then rerun setup:
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

OK. I did so then tried to rerun the setup again and it
has installed only the docs (no samples). When I try to
check Samples checkbox it says that in order to install
them I need to have .NET Framework installed.

Any ideas how can I get the samples installed?

Thanks a bunch,
Eugene

1 Answer

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

The .NET Framework SDK v1.1 does not include the .NET Framework v1.1
Redistributable.

You need to get the .NET Framework v1.1 Redist (probably from Windows
update, or you could also get it from a WinXP SP1 cd).

After you install the Redist, install the SDK.

Cho,
-Dino