How to change font of selected item in RadioButtonList

Peter Afonin

2/22/2004 4:39:00 AM

Hello:

Is it posiible to change somehow the font or background of selected item in
RadioButtonList? I just want to make it more visible - to make font bold, or
just highlight the background. Cannot figure out how to do this.

Thank you,

--
Peter Afonin

6 Answers

Alvin Bruney

the radiobutton exposes the font and bordercolor properties. have a look at
them.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
"Peter Afonin" <pva@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> Is it posiible to change somehow the font or background of selected item
in
> RadioButtonList? I just want to make it more visible - to make font bold,
or
> just highlight the background. Cannot figure out how to do this.
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Peter Afonin

Peter Afonin

Thank you.

I'm not talking about the radiobutton, I'm talking about the radiobuttonlist
control. It has all these properties, but not for the selected item.

Peter

> the radiobutton exposes the font and bordercolor properties. have a look
at
> them.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> Got tidbits? Get it here...
> http://tinyurl...
> "Peter Afonin" <pva@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> > Hello:
> >
> > Is it posiible to change somehow the font or background of selected item
> in
> > RadioButtonList? I just want to make it more visible - to make font
bold,
> or
> > just highlight the background. Cannot figure out how to do this.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > --
> > Peter Afonin

Alvin Bruney

Sorry,
you may be able to do this by adding an attribute to the selected item. for
example
RadioButtonList1.Items[RadioButtonList1.selectedindex].Attributes.Add("font"
,"tahoma");

--
> Thank you.
>
> I'm not talking about the radiobutton, I'm talking about the
radiobuttonlist
> control. It has all these properties, but not for the selected item.
>
> Peter

> > the radiobutton exposes the font and bordercolor properties. have a look
> at
> > them.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> > Got tidbits? Get it here...
> > http://tinyurl...
> > "Peter Afonin" <pva@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > Is it posiible to change somehow the font or background of selected
item
> > in
> > > RadioButtonList? I just want to make it more visible - to make font
> bold,
> > or
> > > just highlight the background. Cannot figure out how to do this.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Peter Afonin

Peter Afonin

Thank you, Alvin.

I tried this - didn't work. I tried

Me.rblHosting.Items(Me.rblHosting.SelectedIndex).Attributes.Add("bgcolor",
"red")
Me.rblHosting.Items(Me.rblHosting.SelectedIndex).Attributes.Add("Font",
"Bold") etc.

Perhaps I'm missing something.

Peter

> Sorry,
> you may be able to do this by adding an attribute to the selected item.
for
> example

RadioButtonList1.Items[RadioButtonList1.selectedindex].Attributes.Add("font"
> ,"tahoma");
>

> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> Got tidbits? Get it here...
> http://tinyurl...
> "Peter Afonin" <pva@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> > Thank you.
> >
> > I'm not talking about the radiobutton, I'm talking about the
> radiobuttonlist
> > control. It has all these properties, but not for the selected item.
> >
> > Peter
> >
> > "Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <vapor at steaming post office> wrote in message
> > > the radiobutton exposes the font and bordercolor properties. have a
look
> > at
> > > them.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> > > Got tidbits? Get it here...
> > > http://tinyurl...
> > > "Peter Afonin" <pva@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

> item
> > > in
> > bold,
> > > or

Alvin Bruney

You got me on this one. I couldn't make it work either. Turns out it is a
bug. There is a workaround here if you follow this link.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

--
> Thank you, Alvin.
>
> I tried this - didn't work. I tried
>
> Me.rblHosting.Items(Me.rblHosting.SelectedIndex).Attributes.Add("bgcolor",
> "red")
> Me.rblHosting.Items(Me.rblHosting.SelectedIndex).Attributes.Add("Font",
> "Bold") etc.
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something.
>
> Peter

> > Sorry,
> > you may be able to do this by adding an attribute to the selected item.
> for
> > example

RadioButtonList1.Items[RadioButtonList1.selectedindex].Attributes.Add("font"
> > ,"tahoma");
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> > Got tidbits? Get it here...
> > http://tinyurl...
> > "Peter Afonin" <pva@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > I'm not talking about the radiobutton, I'm talking about the
> > radiobuttonlist
> > > control. It has all these properties, but not for the selected item.
> > >
> > > Peter
> > >
> > > "Alvin Bruney [MVP]" <vapor at steaming post office> wrote in message
> look
> > > at

> > item
> > > bold,