Are callbacks/events supported by No-Touch deployment

Niklas

8/5/2004 7:07:00 AM

Hi
I have a remoting client/server application. The clients subscribes to a
server event. All works fine if client is used as a window application, but
when the client is used with No-Touch deployment over Internet Explorer the
clients do not get the server events any more and no exceptions are thrown.
The clients have FullTrust permission. Are callbacks/events supported by
No-Touch deployment?
Regards
/Niklas
2 Answers

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Niklas,

Your server is probably depending on the client assembly type
information to make the calls (I bet you had to place a copy of the client
in the directory of the service). If you did this, make sure that the
service references the same client assembly as is being used. This way, the
type information is correct.

Hope this helps.

--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- mvp@spam.guard.caspershouse.com

"Niklas" <Niklas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a remoting client/server application. The clients subscribes to a
> server event. All works fine if client is used as a window application,
but
> when the client is used with No-Touch deployment over Internet Explorer
the
> clients do not get the server events any more and no exceptions are
thrown.
> The clients have FullTrust permission. Are callbacks/events supported by
> No-Touch deployment?
> Regards
> /Niklas

Niklas

Hi
No I use a shared common library which both serevr and client use. See my
post "Remoting event stopped working when No-Touch Deployment were used" for
an example.
Regards
/Niklas