Re: Remoting: Client can't runs with Event code

Sunny

8/4/2004 4:03:00 PM

In article <eV4AW6heEHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
anonymous@dotnet247.com says...
> I am a new coder in .NET languages
>
> I did a program that using Remoting with configuration file -configure the server and clients declaratively-
> (DLL, Server class with Configuration file and Client class with Configuration file) and it was work, but when I want to use Event in the DLL to send messages to the clients, I faced a runtime error in the client side ("Can not find assembly BetterVoteCounterClient, etc...")

Hi,

the server needs to know the client class, in which the event handler is
declared. As your server knows nothing about your client, it can not
call the handler.

To solve this, you may want to copy your client in the server directory,
or you can use an event wrapper. Search in this newsgroup, I have posted
a sample.

SUnny