Paging problem index out of range

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

2/20/2004 9:36:00 AM

Hello
I'm trying to make a datagrid with paging the datasource is a simpel arraylist with 5 elements. When the page is loaded i
see the first item (pagesize = 1) but when I click next i get at index out of range exception
The OnpageIndexChange code
private void pageChange(Object sender, DataGridPageChangedEventArgs e

reports.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex
loadReports()

private void loadReports(

ArrayList a = new ArrayList(5)
a.Add("test 1")
a.Add("test 2")
a.Add("test 3")
a.Add("test 4")
reports.DataSource = a
reports.DataBind()

Can anyone help? Please!!!
2 Answers

Alessandro Zifiglio

As elements are added to an ArrayList, the capacity is automatically
increased as required through reallocation. I could easily be wrong as i'm
not testing this but at first look i see you have created an arraylist of 5
elements and are actually loading in 4 elements but the count really starts
from zero which cuts the count to actually 3, zero being your first element
and so on.

ArrayList a = new ArrayList(3);
or
just
ArrayList a = new ArrayList();

"Maverick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I'm trying to make a datagrid with paging the datasource is a simpel
arraylist with 5 elements. When the page is loaded i
> see the first item (pagesize = 1) but when I click next i get at index out
of range exception.
> The OnpageIndexChange code:
> private void pageChange(Object sender, DataGridPageChangedEventArgs e)
> {
> reports.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex;
> loadReports();
> }
>
> private void loadReports()
> {
> ArrayList a = new ArrayList(5);
> a.Add("test 1");
> a.Add("test 2");
> a.Add("test 3");
> a.Add("test 4");
> reports.DataSource = a;
> reports.DataBind();
> }
>
> Can anyone help? Please!!!

Alessandro Zifiglio

dont think its the arraylist, however still, i cant figure why this is not
working for you. All code in your OnpageIndexChange method is correct ;P

"Alessandro Zifiglio" <alessandrozifiglio@NO-SPAM-hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:iGlZb.9506$HO2.5916@news.edisontel.com...