Tom

2/18/2004 3:10:00 PM

Hi . I'm new to ASP.NEt, but still ...

I want to create a list with editable controls ( textboxes, dropdownlists)
in it . On different rows there are different controls (ex: on the first row
there is a text box, on the second a dropdown list, ... ). The rules for the
number of rows and the row content are stored in a database. which is the
best approach (webcontrols, custom controls, data grid, ...)?

thanks for any suggestion you may have,
rud

3 Answers

Tom

in addition, how can i set a dynamically added control (TextBox) to show up
in a specified place in page ?

using Controls.Add for my page to add a new TextBox, i would like that the
newly created textbox to be in a tablecell of an existing table on my page

tia,
rud

"rud" <x> wrote in message news:%23A1K2Aj9DHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi . I'm new to ASP.NEt, but still ...
>
> I want to create a list with editable controls ( textboxes, dropdownlists)
> in it . On different rows there are different controls (ex: on the first
row
> there is a text box, on the second a dropdown list, ... ). The rules for
the
> number of rows and the row content are stored in a database. which is the
> best approach (webcontrols, custom controls, data grid, ...)?
>
> thanks for any suggestion you may have,
> rud

Tom Potter

"hanson" <hanson@quick.net> wrote in message news:amogl.691$N5.421@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
> ------- ahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHAHA... ahahaha... ---------
>>
> Sikh Dan Singh Virdy , the Leo in his turban, "mahipal" wrote:
> You're quite funny yourself Hanson. Your [[H,A] or [A,H]}^N always
> reminded me of some deep level Physics formulae. I might have to
> physically clean out my junk in the basement and get to my books,
> beyond the junk, collection. Anyone know what the [Hamiltonian, A]
> formula is in detail? Do remind me.
>>
> hanson wrote:
> Well, yes and no, but I will explain it to you with precision:
> "ahahahaha..." is the longie for (a*h)^n, where n is the freqcy. or
> the amount of concatenation of its operative element of product
>>
> :::::::: a*h = 2pi*e^2/c ::::: ...... [1]
>>
> wherein a = the Sommerfeld Finestructure instant, h = the Planck's
> constant , e^2 denotes the +/- electric charge units, pi = the
> round thing and c is the light speed. [1] is precise!
>>
> Of course that's all century old high school stuff really, but it has
> enormous depth and implications... and quite unexpected ones,
> as has been empirically demonstrated, constantly, here in these
> august to aghast 24/7 cyber parties where hordes of extra-
> ordinary intellect(ual)s have came & are gathering... or, depending
> on one's pov, where never-have-been prodigies have come to die.
>>
> The concatenation "a*h" into.... "ahahahaha" has unleashed
> unexpected powers of devastation effects in the newly discovered
> field of SOCIO-PHYSICS, where "a" stands for "aggravate", and
> "h" stands for "heckle", ..."ahahaha" which is of course what do
> best... Heavy!... ... ahahahaha.....

I would like to thank hanson for
confirming my assertion that languages,
like physical properties, have dimensionality,

and that a small set of pointers (Fundamental properties)
can serve as pointers to all of the things modeled by a language.

Also note that hanson went one step beyond
and integrated the dimensionality of language
with the dimensionality of physics,

and unleashed the power of language,
much as Maxwell unleashed the power of physics
with his invention of dimensional analysis.

Heavy!!!!

Let us hope that the good folks on the planet
can prevent Jews, Google, governments, and advertisers
from co-opting this powerful tool
and using it to promote their greedy agendas.

No doubt, if this esoteric knowledge becomes public,
the New York Times, the Washington Post, Time Inc.
and Hollywood producers will brainwash the masses to
believe that the idea originated with Einstein,
rather than with hanson.

--
Tom Potter
http://tdp1001.spaces...

mahipal7638

Ok, are there any rules to adding different groups?
I just have to be aware to check per each post, per recent
interactions.

Hello India! I had lost my way. Waking up I found I had migrated to
the USA. Am doing fine. Hope all is well@home. USA, as you've heard,
is presently screwed.

Hanson, do please just call me Mahipal. I realize as alter egos go,
"Dan Singh" with his Identity Challenge, it's not at all a Crisis,
fits me well. Save the part where I personally need to take Dancing
lessons. Yet, "Dan Singh" is more about Staying Alive in these times
than it is about Dancing Idle. Which is fun in itself. I do always
smile ear to ear when I hear "You should be Dan Singh! Yeah..." per
the Bee Gees. Traveling further... just my dog and me at the edge of
the Universe. Here we are, in a room full of Strangers, standing in
the light, where your eyes couldn't see <me>...

It's an Identity Challenge, not a Crisis. So I keep chanting.

On Jan 29, 3:31 pm, "hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote:
> ------- ahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHAHA... ahahaha... ---------
>
> Sikh Dan Singh Virdy , the Leo in his turban, "mahipal" wrote:
> You're quite funny yourself Hanson. Your [[H,A] or [A,H]}^N always
> reminded me of some deep level Physics formulae. I might have to
> physically clean out my junk in the basement and get to my books,
> beyond the junk, collection. Anyone know what the [Hamiltonian, A]
> formula is in detail? Do remind me.
>
> hanson wrote:
>
> Well, yes and no, but I will explain it to you with precision:
> "ahahahaha..." is the longie for  (a*h)^n, where n is the freqcy. or
> the amount of concatenation of its operative element of product
>
>              ::::::::  a*h = 2pi*e^2/c  :::::             ......  [1]
>
> wherein a = the Sommerfeld Finestructure instant, h = the Planck's
> constant , e^2 denotes the +/- electric charge units, pi = the
> round thing and c is the light speed.   [1] is precise!
>
> Of course that's all century old high school stuff really, but it has
> enormous depth and implications... and quite unexpected ones,
> as has been empirically demonstrated, constantly, here in these
> august to aghast  24/7 cyber parties where hordes of extra-
> ordinary  intellect(ual)s have came & are gathering... or, depending
> on one's pov, where never-have-been prodigies have come to die.
>
> The concatenation  "a*h" into.... "ahahahaha" has unleashed
> unexpected powers of devastation effects in the newly discovered
> field of SOCIO-PHYSICS, where "a" stands for "aggravate", and
> "h" stands for "heckle", ..."ahahaha" which is of course what do
> best... Heavy!... ... ahahahaha.....
>
> "ah"'s capital case (AH)*N or (AH)^n, needles to say, is simply a
> self-similar event of (a*h)^n when n approaches the molar size N_A,
> Avogadro's Number, ... It's applications and implications... are,
> well,... highly classified!    I hope you do understand, Dan. Sorry!.

Too funny! And I do so hate take them Security Clearance Tests!

Btw, the [H,A] expands to H,A-A,H and is a commutator operator in QM
QFT. When I had walked away from University, I remember [H,A]=H,A-A,H
laughing all the way to the end of the Unemployment line at Income
Prison Palace. The sign said "long hair freaky people need not
apply... sign sign every a sign... imagine that me working for you..."

Gratuitous applicable, see page 4 where I is the identity operator,
physics link:
http://www.pitt.edu/~ruetsche/QFT/l...

> Dan wrote:
>
> Sam's young, I think.
>
> hanson wrote:
>
> No, well, depends what you mean by "young"... ahaha...
> Sam is a very sweet and infinitely patient 60+ year old guy.
> His is a teacher in a school for the geriatric and mentally
> handicapped, i.e.  Enviros or Einstein Dingleberries...
>  IOW Sam tries to teach new tricks to crazy old fools... ahaha...
>
> Re.. your remarks about teachers = gurus:
> On one of my many stints in your beautiful sub-continent I even
> went to an Ashram.. to search for THE "truth" .... ahahaha...
> until after a few visits, the holy Guru dude, took me into a back
> room and whispered to me in the best Arkansas dialect:
> "Kid go home to the States and become a cash-catcher
> and a money-maker.. See, this guru-ing here is all bullshit and
> makes only money for me alone"...
> That good Guru finally cured me of my religious desires to search
> for god etc and made it crystal clear to me that:
>                  #=#        Nobody is born religious.    #=#
>          #=#     Religion is an acquired disease     #=#
> #=#  Religion is a tool used by the few to fuck the many  #=#
>
> Enjoy and laugh!... Things go easier with ahahah ...
> ahahaha... ahahahahanson

Seems that Guru instilled a wise lesson upon you.

Enjo(y).
--
Mahipal "aka Dan Singh Lion" Virdy
``We search our Earth