trinitypete

10/9/2003 1:08:00 PM

OK, I have found a way of getting to the location of the
default Icon via the registry keys, but it only gives the
exe location and the icon index. How can I then display
the ICON.

BTW this is an Explorer type app that I am writing.

Pete.
2 Answers

Girish Bharadwaj

If you are ready to venture into the P/Invoke, you can use either
ExtractIcon() or SHGetFileInfo API call. They should get you the Icon
information you need.
If you dont care for that, (And I dont blame you .. :) )..
http://www.codeproject.com/csha... has a ExtractIcon.cs which has
done the hard work. You can pluck it and use it. :) thank the writer after
using it though. :)

--
Girish Bharadwaj
"trinitypete" <support@trinity.com> wrote in message
> OK, I have found a way of getting to the location of the
> default Icon via the registry keys, but it only gives the
> exe location and the icon index. How can I then display
> the ICON.
>
> BTW this is an Explorer type app that I am writing.
>
> Pete.

trinitypete