trinitypete

10/9/2003 12:41:00 PM

Hi all,

Hopefully someone may be able to help with this little
problem.

Is there a way in c# of obtaining the registered icon for
a file type via the .Net Framework.

Thanks in advance. Pete.
3 Answers

Siva M

See if this article can be of any help:
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/fileicon.asp?target=file%7Cextens...

"trinitypete" <support@trinity.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Hopefully someone may be able to help with this little
> problem.
>
> Is there a way in c# of obtaining the registered icon for
> a file type via the .Net Framework.
>
> Thanks in advance. Pete.

trinitypete

Thanks for the post, the article does do almost exactly
what I want but I didn't want to get down and dirty with
windows API, I thought there may be a way of doing it with
the framework.

Thanks, Pete.

target=file%7Cextension%7Cicon

>"trinitypete" <support@trinity.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Hopefully someone may be able to help with this little
>> problem.
>>
>> Is there a way in c# of obtaining the registered icon
for
>> a file type via the .Net Framework.
>>
>> Thanks in advance. Pete.
>

>.

v-yiy

Hi Pete,
Are you intending to extract icons from other files?
As far as I know, it's not supported in current .NET Framework.
You need do it via PInvoke.
This is a great idea for a future product enhancement. I'd recommend that
you forward the recommendation to the Microsoft Wish Program, you may try
submitting a request on this site:
http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/sugg...

Please be free to let me know, if you still have questions on this issue.
Thanks for using MSDN Newsgroup!

Best regards,

Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Partner Support

You should not reply this mail directly, "Online" should be removed before
sending, Thanks!