Hosting thru IIS and Configuration

Jon Turner

7/28/2004 7:07:00 PM

I have developed a compression sink that works with remoting using a TCP
Client and Server. So I know that
the sink works. I am having trouble getting this into IIS. My client can
no longer communicate with the Remote
Object when it is being hosted by IIS.

My question is how do you configure IIS to add a Sink. I have read the
following from MSDN and I have questions:

"*** The only case in which the host application domain automatically loads
the remoting configuration file is when your remotable type is hosted in
IIS. In this case, .NET remoting will automatically pick up only the service
settings from the Web.config file ***"

My Questions:
1. Do I have to configure my sink in the Application_Start by calling
RemotingConfiguration.Configure ?
2. When I do that nothing works, not even the
http://localhost/remote.rem?wsdl

Many Thanks In Advance

1 Answer

Sunny

you can try to configure remoting programatically in Application_Start.
See if it works that way. If it does, than it seems something in your
config file is not OK.

Sunny

In article <u6vbYYNdEHA.1424@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, jon.turner@mail.com
says...