microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Find directory of the file

Daisy

My file my.txt is available in
D:\bkup\FilesOnline\dotnet\NextSet\817\XSLTSample\my.txt

When I give System.Environment.CurrentDirectory, I get the
path as D:\bkup\FilesOnline\dotnet\NextSet\817
\XSLTSample\bin\debug,
I want at run time I should get the path as
D:\bkup\FilesOnline\dotnet\NextSet\817\XSLTSamplei.e. without the bin directory. Is there any method to
obtain that ?

Thanks
Daisy

17 Answers

Mike Barthold

Daisy,

no you should try another approach:
D:\bkup\FilesOnline\dotnet\NextSet\817\XSLTSample is only
your DEVELOP folder, this *IS NOT* the runtime folder.
These are 2 different folders.
so if you want your application (at release time) to load
a file from its current directory, you are already right,
you just should copy your txt file to \bin\debug because
the running exe DOES NOT KNOW (and can't know of course)
where it's source files are contained.
you do not *want* to get the path information without
\bin\debug.
the approach should be to imagine how the program shall
behave outside devenv. it shall load from its current
directory, right?
so \bin\debug IS the current directory.

i'm not a native speaker but i hope u can understand what
i mean

cheers, mike

Patriot Games

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:28:52 -0600, Basement Mind
<basement_mind@rental_demangement.spam> wrote:

The Total Internet Destruction of Kuntie Lochner is complete.

Kuntie Lochner-Harrington has been so utterly, totally, and completely
destroyed, embarrassed and humiliated and urinated on that he HAD NO
CHOICE except to CHANGE HIS NAME!!!

From: Baron Mind <baron_mind@rental_demangement.spam>

From: Kurt_Lochner <kurt_lochner@NOSPAMhotmail.com>

From: Baron Mind <baron_mind@rental_demangement.spam>

From: Kurt_Lochner <kurt_lochner@NOSPAMhotmail.com>

From: Baron Mind <baron_mind@rental_demangement.spam>

From: Kurt_Lochner <kurt_lochner@NOSPAMhotmail.com>

From: Kurt Harrington <kharrington@cox.net>

Patriot Games

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:42:15 -0600, Basement Wanking On My Mind
<basement_wanking_on_my_mind@rectal_demangement.spam> wrote:
> this is the Usenet.

This isn't:

| LOCHNER IRIS R
| 1125 RICHMOND RD
| EDMOND, OK
| (405) 359-0181

%%%% His real name is Kurt "Lochner" Harrington. He is a bastard child
who uses the last name of his absent sperm donor and lives in momma
Iris's basement.
http://www.fotovallescrivia.it/public/news/hawaii.politics/33901-Re-Lurch-Lochner-...

Oklahoma Democrats celebrate Social Security's start
August 15, 2008
"Iris Lochner, 79, says she couldn't pass up the opportunity to
celebrate the birthday of an old friend.

"The Edmond woman was among about a dozen Social Security recipients
who showed up Thursday at state Democratic Party headquarters to mark
the 73rd anniversary of the social insurance program funded through
payroll taxes.

"I wouldn't be able to live if I didn't have it,? Lochner said.
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-democrats-celebrate-social-securitys-start/artic...

?Change has come?
Edmondites react to Obama victory
Wednesday - November 5, 2008

Edmond resident Iris Lochner, a staunch Obama supporter, was elated.
Lochner, 79, said she has seen a lot of politics, and she has been
troubled by the recent gridlock in Congress. But Obama?s convincing
electoral college win signals sweeping change. ?It makes me feel we?re
headed in the right directional finally,?

Lochner said. ?We need to work together. We?re not Democrats and
Republicans. We?re Americans.?
http://static.cnhi.zope.net/cnhins/flashpromo/PageOne110508/Edm...

November 01, 2008
Locals ignore intimidation, prepare to vote

About a week later, in another area of Edmond, someone stole Iris
Lochner?s Obama sign. She said she was even more furious about the
anti-Obama mail she received.
http://www.edmondsun.com/archivesearch/local_story_3060...

September 11, 2008
Perry addresses Democratic forum

EDMOND ? Democrat Steven Perry spoke about issues concerning city
residents Thursday night at a Democratic forum in Edmond.

Audience member Iris Lochner criticized Republican presidential
nominee John McCain, whom she called McBush, saying he claims to know
how to catch Osama bin Laden, but won?t tell anybody how he would do
it unless he is elected.
http://www.edmondsun.com/archivesearch/local_story_2552...

The SlapDown of Kunt Lochner began MANY years ago:

Date: Mon Nov 20 1995
From: Rich Boylan
To: Kurt Lochner
KL> Robert A. Heinlein wrote in his _Notebooks of Lazarus Long_ that
KL> the way to tell how much a person knew about science was to ask
KL> them how they "felt" about astrology.
Sorry, Kurt, but I don't derive my scientific inquiry method from
a Science-Fiction writer.
- Rich Boylan
http://www.skepticfiles.org/misc3/f...

From: Baron Mind <baron_mind@rental_demangement.spam>