customErrors mode= "off" has no effect when using custom channels

isaak

7/28/2004 12:39:00 PM

Replacing http channel with my own custom channel causes my server to send an "uninterpreted" error back to the client in case of an exception.

System.Runtime.Remoting.Exception: Server encountered an internal error. For more information turn on customErrors ....

Setting customErrors to "off" does not help. It seems that my custom channel ignores the customErrors setting in the server's config file. How can I make my channel be "aware" of the customErrors setting? Is there a special property that needs to be set on a channel or on a sink?

The custom channel is using a standard tcp binary formatter sink and a custom transport sink. By the time the message makes it to the transport sink (where custom code starts) the content of that message is already set (in case of an exception it already has the uninterpreted "internal remoting error" message).