Image display must be the same resize...

Trint Smith

2/17/2004 2:01:00 AM

I need to display an images from a database on my page that should
always be displayed as 200 pixels wide eventhough the actual images vary
in size...Can you help me?
Thanks,
Trint

.Net programmer
trintsmith@hotmail.com

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Ken Cox [MS MVP]

Hi Trint,

I must be missing something, because it seems you could just hardcode the
size for the image control to be 200 pixels wide. That would force the size,
but it may distort:

<asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server"
ImageUrl="http://www.gc.ca/images/flag... Width="200px"></asp:Image></P>

Could you explain further what you need?

Ken
MVP [ASP.NET]

"Trint Smith" <trintsmith@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to display an images from a database on my page that should
> always be displayed as 200 pixels wide eventhough the actual images vary
> in size...Can you help me?
> Thanks,
> Trint
>
> Net programmer
> trintsmith@hotmail.com
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Aaron Boodman

You can resample the images on the fly using stuff in System.Drawing. There
are tons of examples of this on the web.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=resize+image&meta=group%3Dmicrosoft.pub....*

--
Aaron