Asp Forum
 Home | Login | Register | Search

Emmanuel Stapf

10/8/2003 7:35:00 PM

Hi,

I have the following reports from fusion at the bottom of this mail. The thing I
don't understand is why I get a warning about not being able to probe in G:\work
which is where my assembly is indeed located? How do I make it so that it looks
in G:\work?

Thanks,
Manu

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry (10/8/2003 @ 12:18:59 PM) ***

The operation failed.
Bind result: hr = 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.

Assembly manager loaded from:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\fusion.dll
Running under executable G:\work\test.exe
--- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = emitter, Version=5.4.120.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=def26f296efef469
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = d:\tmpLOG: Initial PrivatePath = G:\workLOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
LOG: Cache Base = NULL
LOG: AppName = emitter
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Processing DEVPATH.
LOG: DEVPATH is not set. Falling through to regular bind.
LOG: Attempting application configuration file download.
LOG: Download of application configuration file was attempted from
file:///d:/tmp/test.exe.config.
LOG: Application configuration file does not exist.
LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: Host configuration file not found.
LOG: Using machine configuration file from
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: emitter, Version=5.4.120.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=def26f296efef469
LOG: Cache Lookup was unsuccessful.
WRN: Not probing location file:///G:/work/emitter.DLL, because the location
falls outside of the appbase.
WRN: Not probing location file:///G:/work/emitter/emitter.DLL, because the
location falls outside of the appbase.
WRN: Not probing location file:///G:/work/emitter.EXE, because the location
falls outside of the appbase.
WRN: Not probing location file:///G:/work/emitter/emitter.EXE, because the
location falls outside of the appbase.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/tmp/emitter.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/tmp/emitter/emitter.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/tmp/emitter.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/tmp/emitter/emitter.EXE.
LOG: All probing URLs attempted and failed.

1 Answer

Emmanuel Stapf

10/8/2003 9:58:00 PM

0

For those who might have search a long time here is the trick:

While creating a new AppDomain using a AppDomainSetup instance, make sure that
ApplicationBase of AppDomainSetup to `file://' and initialize `PrivateBinPath'
with all the directories where to look for an assembly.

It work very nicely and solved my problem of the warning.

Regards,
Manu