Asp Forum
 Home | Login | Register | Search

Emmanuel Stapf

10/8/2003 7:12:00 PM

Hi,

I came across a strange behavior in using the binary serialization. I have an
assembly A which is loaded through COM. I create an app domain and create in
this new app domain a new instance of type B defined in assembly A (through
CreateInstanceFromAndUnwrap). Then this new instance is used to deserialize a
file that was originally created by assembly A.

However the deserialization fails because it cannot find assembly A, but that's
bizarre, because this is in assembly A that I ask for the deserialization.

Of course if I put A in the GAC everything works just fine, but I don't want to
do that.

Any hint on how to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Manu