some ideas on the Component Design in .NET

Tarundeep Singh Kalra

I am new to .NET.
I want to design a new architecture for my application that has following :-

1). Application should be pluggable in architecture, i.e new modules , new
funcationalities can be added in it easily.
2). Event based communication

I was doing the above stuff in COM , but how to do that in .NET
What is analgoues to COM Component in .NET?
How event based architecture can be designed?

Any advantages why choose .NET instead on COM?

TIA.
--
Regards
Tarundeep Singh Kalra

www_dot_tarunsadhana_dot_com.

tarun_at_removeAT_tarunsadhana_dot_com.remove_dots

--
Regards
Tarundeep Singh Kalra

www_dot_tarunsadhana_dot_com.

tarun_at_removeAT_tarunsadhana_dot_com.remove_dots

3 Answers

Allen Anderson

this is probably the wrong newsgroup to ask this. Plugin
architectures are a framework sort of thing and not really something
thats covered in remoting. You might want to ask in the framework or
c# newsgroups.

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:46:53 +0530, "Tarundeep Singh Kalra"
<tkalra_at_GoRemote_dot_com@Remove.unnecessary> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am new to .NET.
>I want to design a new architecture for my application that has following :-
>
>1). Application should be pluggable in architecture, i.e new modules , new
>funcationalities can be added in it easily.
>2). Event based communication
>
>I was doing the above stuff in COM , but how to do that in .NET
>What is analgoues to COM Component in .NET?
>How event based architecture can be designed?
>
>Any advantages why choose .NET instead on COM?
>
>TIA.
>--
>Regards
>Tarundeep Singh Kalra
>
>www_dot_tarunsadhana_dot_com.
>
>tarun_at_removeAT_tarunsadhana_dot_com.remove_dots

Sunny

this is very good and simple example of implementing a prlugin driven
program in .net:

http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/csharp/p...

Sunny

In article <#W03YL8cEHA.2504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
tkalra_at_GoRemote_dot_com@Remove.unnecessary says...

> Hi,
> I am new to .NET.
> I want to design a new architecture for my application that has following :-
>
> 1). Application should be pluggable in architecture, i.e new modules , new
> funcationalities can be added in it easily.
> 2). Event based communication
>
> I was doing the above stuff in COM , but how to do that in .NET
> What is analgoues to COM Component in .NET?
> How event based architecture can be designed?
>
> Any advantages why choose .NET instead on COM?
>
> TIA.
> --
> Regards
> Tarundeep Singh Kalra
>
> www_dot_tarunsadhana_dot_com.
>
> tarun_at_removeAT_tarunsadhana_dot_com.remove_dots

Tarundeep Singh Kalra

Sorry for that.
BTW I was also intrested in knowing Component Design.