Inserting my Sink into the chain

Jon Turner

7/26/2004 2:16:00 PM

I have a compression sink called JTHCompressionSink. If I use a config file
and use
the RemotingServer.Configure call the config file looks like this:

<configuration>

<system.runtime.remoting>

<application>

<channels>

<channel ref="http">

<clientProviders>

<formatter ref="binary" />

<provider
type="JTHCompressionSink.CompressionClientSinkProvider, JTHCompressionSink"
/>

</clientProviders>

</channel>

</channels>

<client>

</application>

</system.runtime.remoting>

</configuration>

MY question is this. I am not using RemotingConfiguration.Configure on my
client. I am using the following
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(New HttpChannel(properties, New
BinaryClientFormatterSinkProvider, Nothing))

MY question is How do I add my custom sink JTHCompressionSink to the
chain.without using the RemotingConfiguration.Configure call ?

Many Thanks

1 Answer

Sunny

In article <u8hdPsxcEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, jon.turner@mail.com
says...

> MY question is this. I am not using RemotingConfiguration.Configure on my
> client. I am using the following
> ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(New HttpChannel(properties, New
> BinaryClientFormatterSinkProvider, Nothing))
>
> MY question is How do I add my custom sink JTHCompressionSink to the
> chain.without using the RemotingConfiguration.Configure call ?
>
> Many Thanks

Try:

BinaryClientFormatterSinkProvider formatter = new ...

fomatter.Next = new CompressionClientSinkProvider();

ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(New HttpChannel(properties, formatter,
Nothing));

This should place your sink after the formater sink.

Sunny