microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

[ANN]: NNTP Server slowdowns

(Stefan Schachner[MS])

10/4/2003 1:48:00 AM

Hi All,

For several days, we have been experiencing slowdowns in
the Microsoft
newsgroups. The combination of the recent waves of spam
and viruses
generated several issues that Microsoft teams are
troubleshooting now. In
the meantime, to help deal with the slowdowns, we are
reducing our message
archive from 90 days to 30 days for newsreaders (such as
Outlook Express).
To access discussions older than 30 days, you can use
this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/...
px

Sincerely,
Microsoft Communities Team.
Microsoft Corp.

confers no rights

1 Answer

S Viemeister

Allan wrote:

> "S Viemeister" <firstname@lastname.oc.ku> wrote in message
>> La N wrote:
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l...
>>>
>>> I came upon [the obituary of Robin Hall] by accident when researching
>>> the history of Canadian folksinging. But, evidently he was Scottish.
>>>

>> Robin Hall and Jimmie McGregor were _very_ popular in their day.
>
> Before my time but I do remember McGregor well through him being a
> radio presenter.

Well, I am just a wee bit older than you!