Re: RequiredFieldValidator - on-the-fly changes

Teemu Keiski

2/13/2004 5:46:00 PM

You can use client-side API to enable it at client but as you set
Enabled=false at the server, you'd need to set it back at the server as well
(for server-side validation to work)

See this article for info about validator API:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspplu...

--
Teemu Keiski

"mg" <mg@theworld.com> wrote in message
I disable a RequiredFieldValidator (.Enabled=false) in Page_Load (WebForm
with C#). How can I enable the RequiredFieldValidator when I click a button
(e.g., in its event handler). I don't wan't to use validation until just
before I'm ready to leave the form. At present, my
RequiredFieldValidator.Enabled=true code requires that I click the exit
button twice before this enable takes effect. That's one too many times.

1 Answer

Peter Blum

I posted this answer to your question on another newsgroup. (Its better not
to cross-post for this reason.) Either look at your posting on the newsgroup
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet or use this link:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=enSMTLm8DHA.1112%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fas_oq%3Dvalidate%2520validator%2520customvalidator%2520requiredfieldvalidator%2520regularexpressionvalidator%26safe%3Dimages%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26as_ugroup%3Dmicrosoft.public.dotnet.framew....*%26as_scoring%3Dd%26lr%3D%26hl%3Den

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: PLBlum@PeterBlum.com
http://www.peterblum.com/vam...