Handling remote events error

Terry

7/22/2004 3:16:00 PM

We are getting the following error when trying to set a remote client to handle a event trggered by the server. The code follows the erro message below Any ideas?

ERROR MESSAGE STARTS HERE:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Security.SecurityException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Type System.DelegateSerializationHolder and the types derived from it (such as System.DelegateSerializationHolder) are not permitted to be deserialized at this security level.

CODE THAT GENERATES ERROR MESSAGE:

AddHandler objDataPipeIn.ENVDataPipedIn, AddressOf DataPipedInEvent
'*** objDataPipeIn is a remote object residing in the remote server
'*** We can access the properties of the remote object...
'*** i.e. mDataPipeID = objDataPipeIn.ENVDataPipedIn.DataPipeID

PLease advise,
Terry
1 Answer

Sam Santiago

Check out this article on GotDotNet regarding security and remoting:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/changeinfo/Backwards1.0to1.1/default.asp...

--
Sam Santiago