error catching on client side

BK Kim

7/21/2004 11:32:00 PM

Hello.

I have a question about catching errors.

My middle tier machine got an error while executing a function but my client
machine cannot catch what that error was.

In my middle tier, I have try/catch block that throws exception but I cannot
get that exception on client side.

Is there a way I can get what error it was rather than "Server encountered
an internal error. For more information, turn on customErrors in the
server's .config file. "?

Thanx in advance

2 Answers

BK Kim

I forgot to mention it but I am not using custom exception.

just

catch(Exception e)
{
throw(e);
}

"BK Kim" <bkkim@destinationrx.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> I have a question about catching errors.
>
> My middle tier machine got an error while executing a function but my
client
> machine cannot catch what that error was.
>
> In my middle tier, I have try/catch block that throws exception but I
cannot
> get that exception on client side.
>
> Is there a way I can get what error it was rather than "Server encountered
> an internal error. For more information, turn on customErrors in the
> server's .config file. "?
>
> Thanx in advance

Sunny

You have it in the text of the exception. Just set customErrors = off. This
will allow any exception to propagate from the server to the client.

Sunny