Config driven CAO and proxy code

Cliff_Harker

7/21/2004 10:28:00 PM

This is a post related to another I have already posted.

I want to remote an existing (completed) Assembly. The system
currently runs on a single machine and the "powers that be" want it
split across a DMZ.

So I want to split UI from Business (UI and BL) and I want to use
MarshalByRef and Client Created Objects. So far as I know this means
I can continue to use NEW (so no code changes) and constructors with
parameters (again no code changes).

1) Can I do this from config file driven remoting. All exmaple seem
to show that picking a particular constructor requires code driven
configuration.

2) Soapsuds produces rubbish, only a default constructor is created
and half the classes have their properties stripped and private fields
turned into public fields (and this is a pain if your property and
field names don't match because you code doesn't compile). How can I
add constructors with parameters to the code it creates? What does
this code look like?

I can write a code generator for this is I have too but what does the
code look like? Where is a good explanation of what needs generating?

I have looked a "factory" solutions but they all require code changes
and this app is "finished"

TIA

Cliff