Re: forum for Visual C# develoopment

Sunny

7/21/2004 3:38:00 PM

1. This is not a remoting problem.

2. Please read the docs before you post. There is an example, which
clearly shows that the uri have to be a webpage, not a filename. And
this webpage have to handle the saving of the file.

Sunny

In article <OSUzDuqbEHA.2840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
jamesk@pacific.net.au says...
> Pardon the interuption,
>
> 1. Looking for a good C# development forum?
> 2. Also, if anyone has come accross this problem would appreciate some help.
> Having difficulty uploading a file to a Tomcat server in C#. I am using
> WebClient.uploadFile(uri, image).
>
> My code is as follows(have tried it on my own Tomcat server as well.)
>
> WebClient Tomcat = new WebClient();
>
> string uriString = "http://localhost/ABIDS/Files/" + photoArray[1] + ".jpg";
>
> string fileName = @"C:\Program Files\ABIDS\Photos\" + photoArray[1] +
> ".jpg";
>
> byte[] photo = GetPhoto(fileName);
>
> byte[] responseArray = Tomcat.UploadData(uriString, photo);
>

> I get the exception "The remote server returned an error (404) Not Found."
>
> with regards
> James

2 Answers

Sunny

try dotnet.framework or dotnet.general

also, in this particular case I think the docs are pretty clear.

Sunny

In article <#j2h3H1bEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, jamesk@pacific.net.au
says...
> yes, just looking for the general forum now.
>
> Thanks for your posting. Unfortunately, many of the docs were not that
> clear.
>
> cheers,
>
> "Sunny" <sunny@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> > 1. This is not a remoting problem.
> >
> > 2. Please read the docs before you post. There is an example, which
> > clearly shows that the uri have to be a webpage, not a filename. And
> > this webpage have to handle the saving of the file.
> >
> > Sunny
> >
> > In article <OSUzDuqbEHA.2840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
> > jamesk@pacific.net.au says...
> > > Pardon the interuption,
> > >
> > > 1. Looking for a good C# development forum?
> > > 2. Also, if anyone has come accross this problem would appreciate some
> help.
> > > Having difficulty uploading a file to a Tomcat server in C#. I am using
> > > WebClient.uploadFile(uri, image).
> > >
> > > My code is as follows(have tried it on my own Tomcat server as well.)
> > >
> > > WebClient Tomcat = new WebClient();
> > >
> > > string uriString = "http://localhost/ABIDS/Files/" + photoArray[1] +
> ".jpg";
> > >
> > > string fileName = @"C:\Program Files\ABIDS\Photos\" + photoArray[1] +
> > > ".jpg";
> > >
> > > byte[] photo = GetPhoto(fileName);
> > >
> > > byte[] responseArray = Tomcat.UploadData(uriString, photo);
> > >

> > > I get the exception "The remote server returned an error (404) Not
> Found."
> > >
> > > with regards
> > > James

JamesK