The channel tcp is already registered... error

Donald Adams

7/21/2004 2:37:00 AM

I get this error: "The channel tcp is already registered" when trying to do
the following:

_chanTCPOut1 = new TcpChannel(7001);
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(_chanTCPOut1);

_chanTCPOut2 = new TcpChannel(7002);
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(_chanTCPOut2); //error thrown here

Is a TCP channel not different when I specify a different port? I have a
port monitoring app. so I know the ports are not being used. I have also
tried different port ranges too.

Thanks in Advance,
Donald Adams

1 Answer

Sunny

Hi Donald,

the default constructor of the channel creates which you use, creates a
channel with a name "tcp". You can not have 2 channels with the same name.

this should work:

IDictionary pros = new HashTable();
props["port"] = 7001;
props["name"] = "tcp1";

_chanTCPOut1 = new TcpChannel(props);
.... register

create the other channel with a different name and it should be ok.

Sunny