Re: Showing a Caption for Page Numbers in DataGrid

Ken Cox [MS MVP]

2/11/2004 2:59:00 AM

If you just want to insert text into the footer, try this?

Private Sub DataGrid1_ItemCreated _
(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As _
DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles DataGrid1.ItemCreated
If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Pager Then
Dim pagerCell As TableCell
pagerCell = CType(e.Item.Controls(0), TableCell)
Dim pageOf As String = _
"Choose the page you want to go: "
pagerCell.Controls.AddAt(0, _
New LiteralControl(pageOf))
End If
End Sub

Does this help?

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

"Rafa®" <lixorafa@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> I'm using DataGrid to show a paged list from a table.
> I designed the style of the pager to be, pager numbers, centralized in the
> bottom of the page.
> I would like to add a caption to those page numbers in the bottom,
> something like:
>
> "Choose the page you want to go: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ..."
>
> Does anybody know a way to do that with the standard DataGrid?
> Thanks a lot!
> Rafa®

2 Answers

WanChonRen

"truth" <truth@universus.co> wrote in message
> AleXX wrote:
>> "Mudali" <mudali@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> On Dec 26, 9:47 am, "AleXX" <somed...@nodealyetwithlotsofdeal.net>
>> wrote:
>>> World class superior Indian Navy blew up a harmless Thai fishing trawler
>>> show the world their naval power? But a couple of weeks later can't even
>>> stop 10 Paki terrorists from sneaking into Mumbai by rubber dinghies to
>>> unleash carnage on soft targets with heavy
>>> weapons.http://news.asiaone.com/News/the%2BStraits%2BTimes/Story/A1......
>>
>>> Why did not Americans who too claim BIG power, fail to stop the 911
>>> attackers from Saudi Arabia?
>>
>> Baldeagle should answer your question. Not me. :)
> You idiotic ApeXinXin, started this thread but cannot answer your own
> thread.

Why you so like copy truth's nick name? You love the name or you love him?
Are you jealous of him using the name? You are tailing him like a dog. Why
don't you suck his cock and let him fill good?

truth