Ron

9/27/2003 2:59:00 AM

I need to take a large Tiff file composed of several scanned pages and
convert it to several individual Jpegs. I guess I will have to write a
component myself, doing the conversion on the byte level, but first I need a
map of the byte layout for a Tiff file and the algorithm to do the
conversion (or convert to BMP first if necessary). Can anyone here point me
in the right direction?

This might not be the best place to ask, if anyone can give me any links or
information on how to do this (even a tip on where I might have better luck
asking) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help,

Ron

2 Answers

james

Try this group: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing
A very helpful group as far as graphics related questions.
GDI+ has built-in support for several graphic file formats including Tiff
and Jpegs. But, it sounds like you have a multi-page Tiff that you need to
convert. I think that I have seen several posts on this same subject in the
newsgroup I mentioned. I don't remember how or wheather it was solved.
Good luck.
james

"Ron" <ron@razorvision.net> wrote in message
> I need to take a large Tiff file composed of several scanned pages and
> convert it to several individual Jpegs. I guess I will have to write a
> component myself, doing the conversion on the byte level, but first I need
> map of the byte layout for a Tiff file and the algorithm to do the
> conversion (or convert to BMP first if necessary). Can anyone here point
me
> in the right direction?
>
> This might not be the best place to ask, if anyone can give me any links
or
> information on how to do this (even a tip on where I might have better
luck
> asking) I would really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Ron

Kumar Gaurav Khanna

Hi!

Create an Image object for the TIFF in question and use the Save method,
specifying the format to save in using the ImageFormat argument, and change
the image type.

Regards,
Kumar Gaurav Khanna
Microsoft MVP - .NET, MCSE Windows 2000/NT4, MCP+I
WinToolZone - Spelunking Microsoft Technologies
http://www.wintoo...
OpSupport - Spelunking Rotor
http://opsupport....