Re: Remoting or windows service

Sunny

in addition to Elp's answer, this is a good article:

http://www.developer.com/net/net/article.p...

Sunny

In article <562B77C6-DE58-4216-BC00-AE1B47CA8EFB@microsoft.com>,
Hiten@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Anybody has idea on difference between .net remoting and .net windows service?
>
> Can I instantiate class and methods of a windows service application from C#? if yes then how?? and would it be capable of exchanging object across processe boundries?
>
> I am stuck with these questions and could not find any reasonable answer. Any link or code sample would be hightly appreciated
>
> Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

Sunny

Then it seems I need more coffee :)

And the answer is easy: you can host your remoting server in a windows
service. You can connect to it using TCP channels. Or (if they are on
the same machine) you may use third party memory channels.

Sunny

P.S. sorry again not reading carefully, just the question webservice vs.
remoting is so often posted here ... :)

In article <996E07B1-30C7-439E-98BB-DEE241B23AF5@microsoft.com>,