Visual .NET c# design view is showing "?????" for foreign language characters.

jkim65

2/10/2004 6:19:00 AM

Visual .NET c# design view is showing "?????" for all the Korean
characters in design view.

In code view, it looks okay.

Did anybody have this kind of problem with foreign characters?
2 Answers

Søren M. Olesen

Hi

My guess is that either the font you're using in designview dosn't support
Korean, or that you'd have to ue UTF-8 encoding when you wirte the
characters.

Søren

"jaekim" <jkim65@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Visual .NET c# design view is showing "?????" for all the Korean
> characters in design view.
>
> In code view, it looks okay.
>
> Did anybody have this kind of problem with foreign characters?

woo0609

"Søren M. Olesen" <smolesen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<eiPm3L87DHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Hi
>
> My guess is that either the font you're using in designview dosn't support
> Korean, or that you'd have to ue UTF-8 encoding when you wirte the
> characters.
>

> Søren
>

> "jaekim" <jkim65@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Visual .NET c# design view is showing "?????" for all the Korean
> > characters in design view.
> >
> > In code view, it looks okay.
> >
> > Did anybody have this kind of problem with foreign characters?

it is about your windows regional settings, but vs.net I think..