Configuration File and CPU usage

Lord2702

7/18/2004 5:15:00 AM

Sat. July 17, 2004 10:15 PM PT

I am using a COM+ object, which returns just a DataSet, a very common
scenario, ahha! I host this object into the Remoting server, works fine, but
when I use Configuration file, on Server side, then my CPU usage is 100%,
but when I use, RemotingConfiguration::RegisterWellknowServiceType, then it
works fine, I am hosting this COM+ serviced Component, as a SingleCall, or
Singleton.

Anybody know why this is happenning?

Appreciate your answer.

Following is my Config File entry...............Start here..........
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<system.runtime.remoting>
<application>
<!-- Use this section to specify the lifetime information for all the
objects in the application -->
<lifetime leaseTime="30S" sponsorshipTimeOut="0S" renewOnCallTime="5S"
leaseManagerPollTime="0S">
</lifetime>

<service>
<!-- use this section to specify how a remote object is exposed by the
server. <wellknown> for SAO and <activated> for CAO
<wellknown mode="SingleCall" type="ClientServer.NWindSC, NWindSC"
objectUri="NWindSC" />
-->
<wellknown type="ClientServer.NWindSC, NWindSC"
objectUri="NWindSC" mode="SingleCall" />
</service>

<channels>
<!-- Use this section to configure channels that application uses
to communicate with the remote object. -->
<channel ref="tcp server" port="54549" />
</channels>
</application>
<debug loadTypes="true" />
</system.runtime.remoting>
</configuration>
------------------------------------------- End here-------

1 Answer

Sunny

there are problems with config files. Take a look here as well for
another problem:

http://www.genuinechannels.com/Content.aspx?id=88&...

and here for discussion about this:

http://www.genuinechannels.com/Community.aspx?id=21&...