DaMan

2/9/2004 5:41:00 PM

I need to transfer data between pages, I tried this, but the value displayed
is "YYYYDDMM" instead of the actual date. Any ideas. Thanks..
in Search.ASPX

Context.Items.Add("tmpStartDate", Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Year,
"YYYY") & Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Month, "MM") &
Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Day, "DD"))

Server.Transfer("Results.aspx")
Response.Redirect("Resluts.aspx", True)

In RESULTS.ASPX
? context.Items("tmpStartDate") in the results.aspx page yields the string
"YYYYMMDD", not the date

Thanks

8 Answers

msnews.microsoft.com

Session.Add("tmpStartDate",calStartDate.SelectedDate);

"DaMan" <mail@kyndall.com> wrote in message
> I dont know how to do that..
>
> "DaMan" <mail@kyndall.com> wrote in message
> > I need to transfer data between pages, I tried this, but the value
> displayed
> > is "YYYYDDMM" instead of the actual date. Any ideas. Thanks..
> > in Search.ASPX
> >
> > Context.Items.Add("tmpStartDate", Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Year,
> > "YYYY") & Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Month, "MM") &
> > Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Day, "DD"))
> >
> > Server.Transfer("Results.aspx")
> > Response.Redirect("Resluts.aspx", True)
> >
> > In RESULTS.ASPX
> > ? context.Items("tmpStartDate") in the results.aspx page yields the
> string
> > "YYYYMMDD", not the date
> >
> > Thanks

DaMan

I dont know how to do that..

"DaMan" <mail@kyndall.com> wrote in message
> I need to transfer data between pages, I tried this, but the value
displayed
> is "YYYYDDMM" instead of the actual date. Any ideas. Thanks..
> in Search.ASPX
>
> Context.Items.Add("tmpStartDate", Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Year,
> "YYYY") & Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Month, "MM") &
> Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Day, "DD"))
>
> Server.Transfer("Results.aspx")
> Response.Redirect("Resluts.aspx", True)
>
> In RESULTS.ASPX
> ? context.Items("tmpStartDate") in the results.aspx page yields the
string
> "YYYYMMDD", not the date
>
> Thanks

DaMan

Thanks

"Felbrigg" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Session.Add("tmpStartDate",calStartDate.SelectedDate);
>

> "DaMan" <mail@kyndall.com> wrote in message
> > I dont know how to do that..
> >
> > "DaMan" <mail@kyndall.com> wrote in message
> > > I need to transfer data between pages, I tried this, but the value
> > displayed
> > > is "YYYYDDMM" instead of the actual date. Any ideas. Thanks..
> > > in Search.ASPX
> > >
> > > Context.Items.Add("tmpStartDate",
Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Year,
> > > "YYYY") & Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Month, "MM") &
> > > Format(calStartDate.SelectedDate.Day, "DD"))
> > >
> > > Server.Transfer("Results.aspx")
> > > Response.Redirect("Resluts.aspx", True)
> > >
> > > In RESULTS.ASPX
> > > ? context.Items("tmpStartDate") in the results.aspx page yields the
> > string
> > > "YYYYMMDD", not the date
> > >
> > > Thanks

v-jetan

Hi DaMan,

Is your problem resolved?

ASP.NET provides the cross-request state information infrastructure that
Web applications require. Session enables you to store session-scoped data
on the server for use across multiple browser requests.

For more information, please refer to:
"Session State"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
l/cpconSessionState.asp

and "Underpinnings of the Session State Implementation in ASP.NET"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/d...
/aspnetsessionstate.asp

Hope it helps,

If you have anything unclear, please feel free to tell me, I will help you.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Rafael Veronezi

Both links are out..
Do you have working links for these topics?

bucrepus@hotmail.com

Yes, Problem resolved..Thanks....

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

v-jetan

Hi bucrepus,

Thanks very much for your feedback.

I am glad you got what you want. If you have any further concern, please
feel free to tell me, I will help you.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

v-jetan

The link string is wrapped, you should join all the wrapped lines together.