Update main form with data added in a pop-up form

felad

2/9/2004 4:24:00 PM

HI

I have a form with a many dropdownlist that are populated with
SqlDataReader
I have also insert an "--- Add New ---" value to be the first item in
each dropdownlist
The user can choose an item or choose add new in this case I'm opening
a new form ( with JavaScript )
and ask him to add a new value to the database.

The problem now is that I can't access \ refresh the data in the
dropdownlist from the pop-up form I have opened

Any idea how to do that ?

Elad.
12 Answers

CMA

try with this type of code in the opened window...

onunload of the page call to javascript "refreshParent()"

in the <head> put this function...

function refreshParent()
{
window.opener.document.reload();
}

this will refresh the main page.
so u can see updated values in the lists now.
(hope u already added the new item to database before unload the page)

hope this helps,
CMA

"Elad Frid" <felad@walla.co.il> wrote in message
> HI
>
> I have a form with a many dropdownlist that are populated with
> SqlDataReader
> I have also insert an "--- Add New ---" value to be the first item in
> each dropdownlist
> The user can choose an item or choose add new in this case I'm opening
> a new form ( with JavaScript )
> and ask him to add a new value to the database.
>
> The problem now is that I can't access \ refresh the data in the
> dropdownlist from the pop-up form I have opened
>
> Any idea how to do that ?
>
> Elad.

Nikerz Inc

Hi there,

What you need to do is have the webform update the database, after that call
a procedure to refresh of the dataset to your control and you should be
finished!

"Elad Frid" <felad@walla.co.il> wrote in message
> HI
>
> I have a form with a many dropdownlist that are populated with
> SqlDataReader
> I have also insert an "--- Add New ---" value to be the first item in
> each dropdownlist
> The user can choose an item or choose add new in this case I'm opening
> a new form ( with JavaScript )
> and ask him to add a new value to the database.
>
> The problem now is that I can't access \ refresh the data in the
> dropdownlist from the pop-up form I have opened
>
> Any idea how to do that ?
>
> Elad.

Nikerz Inc

I found this too
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN...
Check it out!!!

"Elad Frid" <felad@walla.co.il> wrote in message
> HI
>
> I have a form with a many dropdownlist that are populated with
> SqlDataReader
> I have also insert an "--- Add New ---" value to be the first item in
> each dropdownlist
> The user can choose an item or choose add new in this case I'm opening
> a new form ( with JavaScript )
> and ask him to add a new value to the database.
>
> The problem now is that I can't access \ refresh the data in the
> dropdownlist from the pop-up form I have opened
>
> Any idea how to do that ?
>
> Elad.

Komin the dog ass fucker.

"the Fucking Boudha" <voivodveak@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Sao is an lao ,
>
> why you don ' t continue ?
>

> somethign is wrong with you ?
>
> you started this subject here .

GOD DAMN YOU KOMIN, YOU ZOO WORKER EAT SHIT, TALK LIKE SHIT, ACT LIKE
SHIT.......

the Fucking Boudha

waka waka Chin Chin ,

what is this ----- Sao is an Lao ?

Dec 27, 12:18 pm, "Komin the dog ass fucker."
<Kominthedogassfuc...@MuslimMizerableShit.com> wrote:
> "the Fucking Boudha" <voivodv...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:064cf0e8-91f3-4e84-94c0-2982c4887485@g39g2000pri.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Sao is an lao ,
>
> > why you don ' t continue ?
>
> > somethign is wrong with you ?
>
> > you started this subject here .
>
> GOD DAMN YOU KOMIN, YOU ZOO WORKER EAT SHIT, TALK LIKE SHIT, ACT LIKE
> SHIT.......

brushoff

On Dec 27, 11:07 pm, the Fucking Boudha <voivodv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> waka  waka  Chin Chin ,
>
> what  is  this  -----   Sao  is  an  Lao  ?
>
>  Dec 27, 12:18 pm, "Komin the dog ass fucker."
>

> <Kominthedogassfuc...@MuslimMizerableShit.com> wrote:
> > "the Fucking Boudha" <voivodv...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:064cf0e8-91f3-4e84-94c0-2982c4887485@g39g2000pri.googlegroups.com...
>
> > > Sao  is  an  lao ,
>
> > > why  you don ' t  continue  ?
>
> > > somethign  is  wrong  with  you ?
>
> > > you  started  this  subject  here .
>
> > GOD DAMN YOU KOMIN, YOU ZOO WORKER EAT SHIT, TALK LIKE SHIT, ACT LIKE
> > SHIT.......- Hide quoted text -

DJK, is a tran an fd so Loadeng and his cloney wipes

the Fucking Boudha

DJK ? Transvesti ?

On Dec 29 2008, 10:53 pm, the Fucking Boudha <voivodv...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> DJK   ?  Transvesti ?
>
> Dec 29, 4:37 pm, brushoff <mbrush...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 27, 11:07 pm, the  Fucking Boudha <voivodv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > waka  waka  Chin Chin ,
>
> > > what  is  this  -----   Sao  is  an  Lao  ?
>
> > >  Dec 27, 12:18 pm, "Komin the dog ass fucker."

> > DJK, is a tran an fd so Loadeng and his cloney wipes- Hide quoted text -

A pizza delivery boy,

?????? ?????????

On Dec 29 2008, 8:53 pm, the Fucking Boudha <voivodv...@gmail.com>
wrote:
any time you pick on Buddha bad thing will happen to you or your
family..
Oh by the way asshole, how you so sure that your grand mother is not
came from
Ban Saolao Udon?...

the Fucking Boudha

I came back ,