microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

How to draw rotated text?

Faustino Dina

I was looking on the SDK but I can't find how to draw text in angles
different from 0 and 90. Is it possible? If not, does exist some 3rd party
library allowing this? Any hint is welcomed

Thanks in advance
Faustino

3 Answers

Girish Bharadwaj

Try using Graphics.DrawPath() or FillPath() methods. Look at help for
GraphicsPath.AddString() that might help you out..

--
Girish Bharadwaj
"faustino Dina" <fdina@matusa.com.mx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was looking on the SDK but I can't find how to draw text in angles
> different from 0 and 90. Is it possible? If not, does exist some 3rd party
> library allowing this? Any hint is welcomed
>
> Thanks in advance
> Faustino

James Westgate

To rotate text at a location, follow these steps

1 - Do a translate transformation to the location of your text
2 - Do a rotate transform through the required angle
3 - Write the text as normal using drawstring

The following code should help you, it assumes that there are no prior
transformations

objGraphics.TranslateTransform(X, Y)
objGraphics.RotateTransform(.Rotation)
objGraphics.DrawString(Text, Font, objBrush, 0, 0, .StringFormat)

James
--
Create interactive flowcharts, diagrams and UML models with ERM3 at
http://www.cra...

"faustino Dina" <fdina@matusa.com.mx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was looking on the SDK but I can't find how to draw text in angles
> different from 0 and 90. Is it possible? If not, does exist some 3rd party
> library allowing this? Any hint is welcomed
>
> Thanks in advance
> Faustino

Bob Powell

The GDI+ FAQ has the answer.

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
C#, System.Drawing

September's edition of Well Formed is now available.
http://www.bobpowell.net/curren...

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/gdipl...

Blog http://bobpowelldotnet.bl...