Baiju K.U.

2/9/2004 11:45:00 AM

Hi

I need to create Heirarchical data grid from a database view.

I have a data view which contains information like

Site Building Floor

AGH Academic Center First Floor
AGH Academic Center Second Floor
AGH Academic Center Third Floor
AGH Academic Center Fourth Floor
AGH Gelman Library First Floor
AGH Gelman Library Second Floor
AGH Gelman Library Third Floor
LGH Acheson Building First Floor
LGH Acheson Building Second Floor
LGH Acheson Building Third Floor

etc....

I need to present the information as

Site : AGH
Building : Academic
Floor
First
Second
Third
Fourth
Building : Gelman Library
Floor
First
Second
Third
Site :LGH
Building : Acheson Building
Floor
First
Second
Third

I need to provide check box on the left of every entity for making a selection. If I select a Building all the floors should be selected and vice versa. How can I implement this in a data grid

Thanks
Baiju
2 Answers

Ken Cox [MS MVP]

"The HierarGrid takes a DataSet that contains relations between the tables.
While iterating over the parent table it checks the related tables for child
rows and if one is found it dynamically loads a template for the child
row(s).
The template is rendered invisibly into the custom HierarColumn and when the
user clicks the plus icon, the template content is copied via JavaScript
into a newly created TableRow."

http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETControls/Hiera...

"Baiju K U" <baiju@indus-systems.com> wrote in message
[...]

Malcolm

In article <s3om651p2pa1jlmjbu4u15lp3c13cu6609@4ax.com>, Fred J. McCall
<fjmccall@gmail.com> writes
>Malcolm <Malcolm@indaal.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>:
>:In article <qpfm65tgqjthi6uh7lk99bn54ccaae5v79@4ax.com>, Fred J. McCall
>:<fjmccall@gmail.com> writes
>:>Malcolm <Malcolm@indaal.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>:>
>:>:
>:>:In article <6kpk65h30b75fanp39hgvrnk7q2j0p2ubi@4ax.com>, Fred J. McCall
>:>:<fjmccall@gmail.com> writes
>:>:>"deemsbill@aol.com" <deemsbill@aol.com> wrote:
>:>:>
>:>:>:On Jul 24, 11:34?am, Malcolm <Malc...@indaal.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>:>:>:> In article
>:>:>:> <ead273d5-f68d-41de-b3e8-c88db63be...@p23g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
>:>:>:> "deemsb...@aol.com" <deemsb...@aol.com> writes
>:>:>:> >
>:>:>:> > ? ? I'd say that an animal which is angry/frustrated/"in a bad
>:>:>:> >temper" is more likely to attack than one which is feeling okay.
>:>:>:> >Animals don't think the way we do, but I'm sure their emotions colo(u)
>:>:>:> >r their actions.
>:>:>:>
>:>:>:> But there will be a reason behind the "bad temper", e.g., they are
>:>:>:> feeling threatened, are having their territory invaded, etc.
>:>:>:>
>:>:>:
>:>:>: Agreed.....but that doesn't really help the recipient of their,
>:>:>:uh, favors.
>:>:>:
>:>:>
>:>:>Yep. It's just that that reason may be something that Malcolm doesn't
>:>:>want to admit animals have the capability for.
>:>:>
>:>:
>:>:Rubbish. I am approaching this subject from the point of view of a
>:>:biologist with knowledge of animal behaviour.
>:>:
>:>
>:>Rubbish yourself. You are approaching this subject from the point of
>:>view of your own biases.
>:>
>:
>:Wrong. I am approaching this subject as a knowledgeable biologist.
>:
>
>No biases there...

None. I'm just telling you why I have some knowledge of the subject
being discussed.

>:
>:I realise that this is difficult for someone as self-opinionated as you
>:to accept, but learn to live with and, indeed, try and learn from it.
>:
>
>I realise that this is difficult for someone as self-opinionated as
>you to accept, but learn to live with and, indeed, try and learn from
>it.

The opinions all came from you. When I started to put an opposing view,
you reacted by chucking your toys out of your pram, just as you have
done in thread after thread. Fine, if that's your style, but every so
often someone, on this occasion me, will, instead of ignoring you, try
and ascertain just what you think you know. I've done that in this
thread and exposed your lack of evidence for some of the claims that you
have made. Live with it.

>:
>:>:>He thinks people aren't animals, apparently, since he sees them as so
>:>:>very different from all the other animals insofar as motivation goes.
>:>:>
>:>:More rubbish. I don't think anything of the sort.
>:>
>:>More rubbish yourself. You don't ADMIT you think it, but why the
>:>indignation at the idea that feral dogs might attack 'for sport', just
>:>because they enjoy it?
>:>
>:There was no "indignation", merely pointing out that your suggestion was
>:not supported by any facts.
>:
>
>Which once again brings us back to people somehow being unique in
>these regards in your mind. They aren't.

I don't know where you got your knowledge to make that claim, but you
have failed to grasp that when it comes to behaviour, animals do not
behave the same as people.

>:>Have you interviewed a lot of feral dogs and gotten their views on the
>:>subject?
>:>
>:Have you, as I believe that it was you who introduced them to this
>:thread? You claimed such knowledge about them that I trust you aren't
>:going to have to admit that you didn't interview some of them first.
>:
>
>You've just got to actually watch them instead of reading books in
>your comfortable chair...

More petty insults, ignoring, presumably deliberately in the hope that
it won't be noticed, that I've already told you that I have "studied
mammals and birds for many years". I would have thought that that was
clear enough. Obviously not, so I'll explain that what it means is that
I have spent long periods over many years studying different animals and
birds in the field, watching them, noting their behaviour, observing
their interactions with others of their kind, and with other species. At
the same time, I have kept myself abreast of the relevant literature to
see what other researchers have been discovering. In this way, I believe
I am well enough up on the subject to make some informed comments, and
indeed to correct someone who was passing opinions about animal
behaviour which have no basis in fact.

--
Malcolm