Hard to position the control on VS.Net IDE

San Ramon

2/7/2004 10:24:00 PM

I am developing ASP.Net application using VB
using VS.2003. I have more than 100 ASP server controls on the form. It is
taking lot of time to position them on the screen. Is there any easy way to
do that ? I am using grid layout.
Please advice.
San

4 Answers

Alvin Bruney

Briefly explain to me why you need 100 server controls on a form.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
"San Ramon" <SanRamon34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am developing ASP.Net application using VB
> using VS.2003. I have more than 100 ASP server controls on the form. It
is
> taking lot of time to position them on the screen. Is there any easy way
> do that ? I am using grid layout.
> Please advice.
> San

San Ramon

1.User wants to see all the data in one screen so that they can make
decision.(They don't mind in seeing the data in a vertical scroll bar)
2. Navigating to multiple screen will result in delay in processing the
data(data entry).

So they want that way!!!
San

> Briefly explain to me why you need 100 server controls on a form.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> Got tidbits? Get it here...
> http://tinyurl...
> "San Ramon" <SanRamon34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I am developing ASP.Net application using VB
> > using VS.2003. I have more than 100 ASP server controls on the form. It
> is
> > taking lot of time to position them on the screen. Is there any easy way
> > do that ? I am using grid layout.
> > Please advice.
> > San

Alvin Bruney

Well, 100 controls are going to load slowly, there really is no way around
that. Maybe you can look at output caching or user controls if your business
tier allows for it. There aren't many options to help you if these controls
must be in the page because they must be loaded, and the loading process
will be expensive.

--
> 1.User wants to see all the data in one screen so that they can make
> decision.(They don't mind in seeing the data in a vertical scroll bar)
> 2. Navigating to multiple screen will result in delay in processing the
> data(data entry).
>
> So they want that way!!!
> San

> > Briefly explain to me why you need 100 server controls on a form.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> > Got tidbits? Get it here...
> > http://tinyurl...
> > "San Ramon" <SanRamon34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I am developing ASP.Net application using VB
> > > using VS.2003. I have more than 100 ASP server controls on the form.
It
> > is
> > > taking lot of time to position them on the screen. Is there any easy
way
> > > do that ? I am using grid layout.
> > > Please advice.
> > > San

Liu Yan

I like it this way, keep My posts appear at the top of anti-Islam
trolls and forgers posts !!

HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA