Re: Viewstate on a Web User Control

RM82

2/6/2004 11:20:00 AM

I have a similar problem and i really need some help!

i have a page that dynamically injects user controls on the page
on_init even, some of these controls are simply list of links etc
however some are more complicated and require drop down lists, and m
problem is i cannot keep state information.

I have one user control that has two drop down lists, i want an ite
from the first drop down to be selected and then populate the secon
drop down list, unfortunanly when i post back the page, the first dro
down list is empty??? i know this is becuase i populate the drop dow
list on using the page_load event of the user control, however only i
the page is the first load and not post back, but i thought this wa
how ViewState worked??? i really need to understand how to work wit
viewState in dynamic Controls, please help as i am really reall
struggling :(

Ro

RM8

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi Rob, follow up on these two posts and if theres its still not clear ask
away ;)

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=ImVLb.1434%24nC1.287%40news.edisontel.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DAdd%2Bcontrol%2Bto%2Basp%253APlaceHolder%2Bon%2Basp.net%2Bpage%2Bfrom%2Buser%2Bcontrol%2Bon%2Bsame%2Bpage%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den%26btnG%3DGoogl...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=uwUUS155DHA.2576%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Ddynamically%2Bloading%2Bascx%2Bpages%2Band%2Bhaving%2Bevents%2Bfire%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den%26btnG%3DGoogl...