vbGansta

2/5/2004 10:07:00 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the easy question, but I just started this new framework. How do
I move a control at run-time? I have a DataGrid that binds to a data source
and can have a variable height. There is a label that I need to move based
on how tall the grid is. There isn't a method I can find for doing this.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

3 Answers

Alvin Bruney

Use attributes and java script to move it from the codebehind
[snip]
control1.attributes.add("left","10");
control1.attributes.add("top","20");

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
"vbGansta" <jsage@cassocorp.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
>
> Sorry for the easy question, but I just started this new framework. How
do
> I move a control at run-time? I have a DataGrid that binds to a data
source
> and can have a variable height. There is a label that I need to move
based
> on how tall the grid is. There isn't a method I can find for doing this.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Joe

vbGansta

Alvin,

Sorry to bother you again, but I don't know what you mean be moving it from
the code behind and using java script. If you have time can you spell it
out exactly for a newbie? Where the code goes, what it looks like etc? I
have done a number of searches and my head is spinning.

Thanks,
Joe
> Use attributes and java script to move it from the codebehind
> [snip]
> control1.attributes.add("left","10");
> control1.attributes.add("top","20");
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> Got tidbits? Get it here...
> http://tinyurl...
> "vbGansta" <jsage@cassocorp.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Sorry for the easy question, but I just started this new framework. How
> do
> > I move a control at run-time? I have a DataGrid that binds to a data
> source
> > and can have a variable height. There is a label that I need to move
> based
> > on how tall the grid is. There isn't a method I can find for doing
this.

> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Joe

vbGansta

Can anyone elaborate on Alvin's answer and spell it out better for me. I.E.
where would the Java script go and what would it look like. All I want to
do is dynamically move a label control!!!!

Joe