microsoft.public.excel.programming

Re: How to solve 70-point gas network problems using solver tool?

NickHK

12/20/2006 6:35:00 AM

Don't know if Solver is suitable/able for this.
But I have recently read about Finite State Machines
(http://www.splatco.com/tips/fsm/fs...), which may be applicable to
you.
There's a VB example here (http://rookscape.com/vbgaming...),
although how good/relevant it is I can't say.

Otherwise building an object model of your network with collections of
consumers, generators etc would give you more control of the structure and
expansion than a Solver solution, I would imagine.

NickHK

"shibojyoti" <shibojyoti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a problem in my hand on network analysis. The network consist of
> various pipes, valves & controllers with 72 no.of major nodes and carries
> byproduct gas from 7-8 generation points to multiple consumers of
different
> consumption levels. I need to find solutions for flow of gas under (i)
steady