microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maximum Controls on UserForms

Steve

12/20/2006 6:16:00 AM

What is the maximum number of controls that can held in a userform. I've got
a lot (several hundred) on one and keep getting a "Compile Error: Out of
Memory" message when previewing the userform. I began deleting controls until
the userform would preview successfully. Thanks.
2 Answers

Spreadsheet Solutions

I thought 128, but that might be wrong.
Anyway, stick to this rule, if possible.
Research has prooven that people are able to be aware of only 7 or 8
different pictures or objects on a paper.

So several hundred might scare them...

Mark Rosenkrantz
--
Spreadsheet Solutions
Witkopeend 24
> What is the maximum number of controls that can held in a userform. I've
> got
> a lot (several hundred) on one and keep getting a "Compile Error: Out of
> Memory" message when previewing the userform. I began deleting controls
> until
> the userform would preview successfully. Thanks.

NickHK

Steve,
I just made a quick test with 200 text boxes and 200 labels, which compiles.
However, whether several hundred controls is a good UI design is another
question.

What about using list box, list views, grid control etc instead ?

NickHK