NickHK

12/20/2006 4:20:00 AM

Mark,
The userform gets the focus irrespective of the vbModal value. But this
seems to work :

UserForm1.Show vbModeless
AppActivate Application.Caption

NickHK

"mark" <mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using a form to display some messages, as my process is working. I
have
> it set to showModal = false, so that it's just an info message, not
something
> that has to be clicked off.
>
> But, every time the message is to be displayed, it does grab focus. Can
> this be prevented?

2 Answers

Mark

Thanks for the answer.

What I was hoping for was something that wouldn't interrupt you if you had
gone off to doing something "important", like reading the news on the web...

some setting that would let the info message that is the modeless form's
purpose flash up, but not commandeer the screen, and let you be...

Thanks, though.

I was wondering whether maybe loading the form, but then just passing it a
new message each time, instead of re-showing it, would do the trick. Maybe
I'll try that.. but, it's sort of low priority, as compared to some other
stuff... just annoying.

"NickHK" wrote:

> Mark,
> The userform gets the focus irrespective of the vbModal value. But this
> seems to work :
>
> UserForm1.Show vbModeless
> AppActivate Application.Caption
>
> NickHK

NickHK

Mark,
Play around with AppActivate and the UserForm_Activate() event.
Otherwise you may have to resort to the Window API, SetFocus etc.