microsoft.public.excel.programming

how do I prompt the user to select a cell?

cathellisuk

12/19/2006 11:14:00 PM

Hello,
please can someone help me with the following ...

My macro needs to ask the user which worksheet column they want
totalled. I could use InputBox to ask them to supply the letter of
the column but I would prefer it if they could click on a cell in the
column they choose. Eg in response to a macro prompt they click on
G4 and the macro then totals the G column.

Your help would be appreciated.

Cath

1 Answer

Gord Dibben

Cath

'your code here

Set srng = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
"Select G4 or any other cell", Type:=8)

'rest of code to do something with the selection

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP