microsoft.public.excel.programming

Re: get actual date from variable text string

Jon Peltier

12/19/2006 3:12:00 PM

The one that you presented that isn't recognized as a date is 113006; Excel
will convert the others automatically. You can convert unpunctuated strings
using the text to columns wizard. Select the cell (or contiguous vertical
range of cells) with the unrecognized date format, go to Data menu > Text To
Columns. Click Next twice, and in step 3 select the date format option in
the top right, then in the dropdown choose a string for the existing date
format (e.g., MDY).

Option two is to visit the users with a large blunt object.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions