microsoft.public.excel.programming

average rate of change per given time period between 2 moments in time of a value

(David Virgil Hobbs)

12/19/2006 5:35:00 AM

I could not find any Excel function for a very basic task: Calculating
the average percentile (or other) rate of change of a value between two
time periods.

Example: if in 1990 Ed weighed 100 and in 2000 Ed weighed 200, this
means that his weight rose by 7.18 percent in an average year between
1990 and 2000, as I can tell from using the compound interest
calculator at
http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calc....

1 Answer

Martin Fishlock

There is a whole host of functions for statistical analyis functions.

The one that you wanted was growth.

=GROWTH(D1:D2,C1:C2,1991)-100

where d1:d2=100,200
c1:c2=1990,2000